Riyadh: A Saudi criminal court sentenced a Yemeni man to death Sunday for a knife attack on a Spanish theatre group performing in Riyadh last month, Al-Ekhbariya state television said.
The stabbing happened during a live presentation on the stage of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Park in the Malaz district of Riyadh.
The culprit, a 33-year-old expatriate of Yemeni nationality, was arrested immediately after storming the theatre. The knife used in the attack was found in his possession.
The court also sentenced an accomplice to 12 years and six months jail for the November 11 attack which Riyadh has linked to militant group al-Qaeda, and which Madrid said left four performers wounded.