Bahrain on Sunday reported the second death from coronavirus in the country, and 23 new cases of the COVID-19 virus, bringing the tally to 183 cases.
The 51-year-old Bahraini woman was put under quarantine and intensive healthcare after she contracted the COVID-19 coronavirus in Iran, Bahrain’s Health Ministry said.
The Bahraini woman, who was suffering from underlying and chronic health problems prior to her death, was among other Bahrainis who were evacuated from Iran, which saw the highest coronavirus death toll and infections in the Middle East.
Bahrain reported the Arab Gulf's first death from the coronavirus six days ago, when a 65-year-old woman died on Monday.
She was suffering from chronic health problems.
The deceased woman returned from Iran last month and was put under quarantine upon her arrival to Bahrain.
The Gulf kingdom took a series of precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, including closure of educational institutes and a ban on traveling to some countries, as well as suspension of Friday and congregational prayers in mosques.
Dozens of Bahrain's reported 227 cases were among citizens evacuated from Iran last week.
A health ministry press conference said the deceased woman was among those evacuees from Iran.
Earlier in the month, Bahrain set up a quarantine center on a barren island connected to the mainland by a causeway.
The centre has been equipped with dozens of beds that are ready for patients lined large marquees with air conditioning units, cupboards and colorful carpets.
The Bahraini authorities released hundreds of prisoners who had been tested negative for the virus.
There are 24 recoveries from the global-spreading coronavirus in Bahrain.