In this Friday, Oct. 12, 2018 file photo, Britain's Prince Philip waits for the bridal procession following the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank in St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, near London, England. Image Credit: AP

LONDON: Queen Elizabeth’s 97-year-old husband Prince Philip will not face prosecution after a car crash last month that injured two women, Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said on Thursday.

Philip, who escaped without injury on January 17 when the Land Rover he was driving flipped in a collision with a car close to the royals’ Sandringham residence in eastern England, voluntarily gave up his driving licence earlier this month.

“We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence,” the CPS’ Chris Long said in a statement.

“We have decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute.”