- He underwent seven-day isolation after COVID symptoms manifested, and antigen test returned positive.
- During isolation period, chief executive presided over Cabinet meetings via videoconferencing.
President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. is back in shape after getting reinfected and testing positive for COVID-19 during the first week of his presidency, the presidential palace confirmed.
Press Secretary Trixie Cruz-Angeles said the chief executive completed his isolation on Thursday.
“He’s okay now, as of his doctor’s findings yesterday,” Angeles told reporters on Friday (July 15).
Last week, the Malacañang palace announced that Marcos Jr tested positive for COVID-19 following an antigen test.
Having shown signs of the COVID infection, he underwent isolation for seven days.
During his isolation period, President Marcos Jr continued work and even presided over Cabinet meetings via videoconferencing.
Angeles quoted the President’s physician, Dr. Samuel Zacate, as saying that the president was declared free of all COVID-19 symptoms on July 13.
Dr Zacate reported that the president had completed all his medications. The doctor said then Marcos was ready to return to his face-to-face engagements but had to complete his seven-day isolation.
If he doesn’t run a fever and no COVID symptoms reappear, Marcos Jr was expected get out of isolation Friday, July 15, said Angeles.