So who will play the President?
• The President is Missing is being turned into a TV series after the cable giant Showtime acquired the rights to the novel, and is due to be broadcast next year, the BBC reported.
• Former US President Bill Clinton thinks George Clooney would make a good president in the show, mainly because “he’s been in this kind of situation before,” he told the BBC. Clinton pointed to Clooney’s role as an American Army Colonel tracking down stolen Russian nuclear weapons in 1997 film The Peacemaker.
• The other reason, he told the BBC, was that Clooney “looked great at the [royal] wedding” of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle last month.
What is next from Clinton?
Bill Clinton has written four books, including the best-selling memoir My Life. But The President is Missing is his first work of fiction. Will there be another one?
“Maybe, let’s see if people like this one. There’s an old saying that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. I’m an old dog and this is a new trick,” Clinton told the BBC.
8 books by US presidents
1. Through the Brazilian Wilderness by Theodore Roosevelt
2. Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
3. An Hour before Daylight by Jimmy Carter
4. The Virtues of Aging by Jimmy Carter
5. An American Life by Ronald Reagan
6. Back to Work by Bill Clinton
7. 41: A Portrait of My Father by George W. Bush
8. Portraits of Courage: A Commander in Chief’s Tribute to America’s Warriors by George W. Bush
9. Dreams from My Father: Barack Obama
10. The Audacity of Hope: Barack Obama