Dubai: The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) on Sunday launched an all-in-one smart app that will integrate many of their existing applications as sub-services in a bid to create a seamless patient-hospital interface, a senior DHA official said at the inauguration of Gitex Technology Week 2018 on Sunday in Dubai.
Amani Al Jasmi, director of IT at DHA, told Gulf News: “Previously, people who were using DHA services for blood donation, medical licensing or patient medical records had to download three different apps.
"Now with the launch of the flagship DHA app, residents will be able to access various health services using one single username. This app is a one-stop shop which seeks to integrate all these as sub-services.”
The DHA app, which is available for free download on Google Play, Apple Store and other Android platforms, is in line with the Smart Dubai vision that ultimately seeks to integrate all smart services in various sectors and create one single app for Dubai.
Al Jasmi said: “By the introduction of the single integrated DHA app we are making our health services more patient centric and moving towards complete integration. Eventually all apps will be integrated as sub-services in this single app.”
Humaid Al Qutami, director general of DHA, said that in line with the vision of the Dubai Strategic Plan 2016-2021, “DHA is keen to foster the development of smart services across all its entities with an aim to enhance efficiencies, further improve the health management system and to provide patients with convenience and patient-centered care”.
DHA also announced that beginning this month, the smart body scanning kiosk, Bodyo, will set up five AI-assisted health pods for free health screening in five places across Dubai.
These Artificial Intelligence-enabled pods scan the user’s body within seconds and provide a detailed analysis of his vitals, such as BMI, blood sugar, blood pressure, weight, body fat composition and other parameters.
The scanner is different from the ones available at gyms and other places since they just scan certain body parts, but the AI pod will provide a full body scan and a health score.
Features and benefits of the DHA app:
1. The app allows users to personalise their dashboard according to the services they prefer to avail from the DHA using a single unified medical registration that will be applicable across all DHA facilities
2. It will help professionals track their medical licensing applications
3. It will provide details of DHA hospital and primary health centres along with GPS instructions to reach the nearest DHA facility
4. Patient can access their medical records, prescriptions, doctor’s appointments and manage these through the app, which can be activated online. By December, patients will be allowed to cancel and reschedule appointments through the app and also seek fresh replacement for their prescriptions online.
5. The app allows blood donors to fill in applications and schedule blood donation appointments. It will also allow people to register themselves as blood donors in times of emergencies and disasters, thereby creating a database of potential donors of different blood types. By early 2019, the app will also show locations of mobile blood donation vans in the vicinity to facilitate easy and quick blood donation without having to travel far
6. The app will allow residents seeking resident visa renewals to track their Salem applications, after their mandatory blood screening, track the time taken for their reports to reach immigration electronically for their visa renewal