Classifieds powered by Gulf News

Fire breaks out at Ajman home

In the latest fire incident, Ajman Civil Defence warn residents not to smoke in bedrooms

Image Credit: Supplied

Dubai: An Emirati family was rescued on Monday afternoon after a fire broke out in their home. 

An official from Ajman Civil Defense said the fire erupted in a bedroom on the first floor, and confirmed that there were no casualties. 

Lt Col Raed Obaid Al Zaabi, deputy director of Ajman Civil Defence, said: “the incident took place at a home located in the area of Al Jaraf 2. There were no injuries, and the family were safely evacuated. Fire trucks were immediately dispatched to the scene, and the fire was soon put out.”

 

A post shared by @ajman997 on

Lt Col Al Zaabi explained that the firefighters were able to put out the flames in a highly professional manner and prevented it from damaging the other rooms.

Cautionary measures

To prevent fires from occurring in homes, Ajman’s Civil Defence urged residents to take precautionary measures, especially during the hot, summer months.

Home-owners were advised not to smoke in bedrooms, ensure that all electrical wirings are safe, and that fire extinguishers are placed in a convenient location.  

To combat fires from damaging and destroying property to people’s home, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, recently announced the installation of fire alarm systems to be rolled out in residences.

ALSO READ: Emergency meeting on fire alarm installation in UAE homes

Under the directives of Lt. General Shaikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, the ministry has already started linking homes and villas with its operations rooms, following the technical solution provided by the higher committee tasked with the project.

Applications for the service can be made through the ministry's website, www.moi.gov.ae. Once an application is submitted, the applicant will be contacted by the suppliers of the system for installation.

The system is a self-operated and easily installed smoke detection sensor, with a voice alarm for the quick evacuation of residents.

Loading...