DUBAI: With the UAE National Day holidays here, transport authorities across the UAE have announced free public parking timings that motorists can take advantage of.
If you are in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, or Ajman during the National Day, you can avail of free parking from December 1 to December 4, 2021.
Transport authorities of Abu Dhabi and Dubai also announced revised service timings for buses, ferries, the Metro and tram.
On Monday, Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) announced that public parking will be free of charge, (except for multi-storey parking), from Wednesday, December 1, to Friday, December 3.
Dubai Public Bus
The revised schedule for Dubai public buses from Wednesday, December 1 to Saturday, December 4 will be as follows:
- Main Stations (including Gold Souq Station): From 4.50am to 1.22am. Al Ghubaiba Station from 4.13am to 12.57am
- Satwa Station – 4.57am to 11pm, except for Route C01, which will be operating around the clock.
- Al Qusais Bus Station will be in service from 4.50 to 12.04am.
- Al Quoz Industrial Station from 5.30am to 11.30pm, and Jebel Ali Station from 4.58 to 12.15am.
- Metro link bus stations: Centrepoint, Mall of the Emirates, Ibn Buttuta, Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, Abu Hail and Etisalat will operate from 5 to 2.10 am the next day.
- Inter-city Bus and Commercial Coaches Sub Stations:
- Al Ghubaiba, from 6.40am to 10.20pm
- Union Square from 4.25 to 12.15am (of the following day)
- Deira City Centre from 6.40am to 11.30pm
- Al Sabkha from 6.30am to 10.30pm
- Etisalat Metro Station from 6am to 9pm
- Abu Hail Metro Station from 6.30am to 10.35pm
- Hatta Station from 5.30am to 9.30pm.
- The timing of External Stations: Al Jubail Station at Sharjah from 5.30am to 11.15pm, and Ajman Station from 4.30am to 11pm.
Dubai Tram and Metro
During the holiday, the Dubai Metro service will be running on both the Red and Green Lines on Wednesday and Thursday (December 1 and 2) from 5am to 2.15am (the next day). Dubai Tram will be in service on both days from 6am to 1am (the next day).
On Friday (December 3), the Tram will be operating from 9 to 1am. Dubai Metro will operate from 8 to 2.15am the next day.
All RTA Customer Happiness Centres will be closed throughout the National Day holidays and will resume working hours on December 5.
Marine Transport: Water bus, Abra and Water Taxi
- The Water Bus will operate at Dubai Marina BM1, Marina Mall, and Marina Walk stations from 12 to 11.45pm.
- Marina Mall – Bluewater (BM3) 4.10 – 11.45pm.
- Marina Promenade – Marina Mall, Marina Terrace – Marina Walk: 2 – 10.45pm.
- Traditional Abra will be operating during the holiday as follows: Dubai Old Souq – Baniyas from 10am to 11.50 pm
- Al Fahidi – Al Sabkha, and Al Fahidi-Dubai Old Souq from 10am to 11.45pm
- Baniyas – Al Seef from 10 to 12.20am.
- Dubai Festival City – Dubai Creek Harbour from 2 to 9.55pm
- Al Jaddaf-Dubai Festival City from 8am to 11.50pm.
- The tourist services from the Sheikh Zayed Road Station TR6 from 4pm to 11pm and (Dubai Old Souq – Al Fahidi – Al Seef) from 3.15 to 11.05pm.
The Water Taxi will be operating on-demand from 12 noon to 8pm. Customers will need to make a prior booking.
The Ferry will run service during the holiday on the line (Al Ghubaiba- Dubai Water Canal- Marina Mall) at 1 and 6pm. The ferry tourist service will run from Al Seef Station 4.30pm, and the tourist service from Marina will run at 11.30am and 4.30pm.
Abu Dhabi’s Department of Municipalities and Transport’s Integrated Transport Centre (ITC) announced on Monday that Mawaqif parking zones will be free from Wednesday December 1 until Saturday, December 4, 7:59 am.
ITC also announced that Darb toll gate will also be free of charge during the Commemoration Day and National Day holidays.
Sharjah Municipality announced on Monday that public parking users will be exempt from parking fees on December 1 and December 2. Paid parking will resume on Saturday, December 4.
The decision excludes the parking zones that are subject to fees on all days of the week including Fridays and public holidays. These parking zones are identified by blue parking information signs.
On Monday, Ajman Municipality also announced that paid parking will be free during the 50th UAE National Day holiday. Paid parking will resume from December 4, 2021.