Dubai: Want to avoid short circuits and prevent blackouts during the rainy season? Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) provided the necessary measures people should take during rainy conditions to ensure uninterrupted power supply and electricity during unprecedented weather conditions.
On January 11, the authority provided some tips that you can follow to stay safe and ensure your power supply is not interrupted on its offical website - www.dewa.gov.ae
How to have continued electricity supply during the rain
These were the top tips as shared by the authority:
- Always ensure that you conduct regular maintenance work through competent technicians.
- Check exposed connections of electrical cabinets and meter boxes. Secure them by using water-proof sockets and fixtures to avoid any interruption in services.
- DEWA also urged customers to close all electrical cabinets during extreme weather conditions.
- Replace any damaged meter windows immediately.
- Seal all spare conduits on rooftops.
- Check all the connections are properly earthed to ensure the continuity of safe and stable electricity supplies.
How do I contact DEWA for assistance and emergencies?
If you are facing further issues, customers can go to the closest DEWA store nearby for assistance from technical service providers. If the matter is urgent, DEWA’s emergency number is 991.
How do I keep my home safe during the rain?
While rain in the UAE can be a joyous and exciting experience, in extreme weather conditions, it can also lead to flooding and property damage. Apart from ensuring that your power supply is uninterrupted, there are various other aspects to securing your home that need to be considered in such a scenario. To find out how you can prepare yourself and your family for extreme weather conditions, read a detailed guide here.