Dubai: On May 13, the UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) announced that it has approved the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for the age group of 12 to 15 year olds, under the outcomes of clinical trials and a strict assessment conducted to approve the emergency local use of the vaccine.
MOHAP is allowing applicants to book an appointment for over 12 year olds through the ‘COVID-19 UAE’ app launched by the Ministry. So, if you wish to book an appointment for your child, these are the steps you need to follow.
How to book the appointment with MOHAP
- Download the ‘COVID-19 UAE’ app, which is available for Android and Apple devices.
- Tap on ‘Book vaccine appointment’.
- You may need to enable permissions for the app to access your location settings, which will help the app find your nearest MOHAP centre.
- Tap on ‘Residents, Workers and Families’ and then select ‘Book appointment’.
- Select the option for ‘Child 12+’ and tap on ‘Next’.
- Select Pfizer-BioNTech and then enter the details of the child, including:
o First name
o Last name
o Date of Birth
o Emirates ID
o Mobile Number
- You can then choose the emirate in which you wish to receive the vaccine, and book an available slot. It is important to note that the app informs users that the second dose of the vaccine should be taken in the same emirate as the first.
- You will then receive a one-time password (OTP) on the mobile number provided by you. Once you enter the password, you will receive a confirmation with the date, time and location of the vaccine appointment on the app as well as via SMS on the registered mobile number.
How to book an appointment in Abu Dhabi
On May 20, Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (Seha) also announced that the vaccine is available at all of its 60 facilities for children aged 12 years and above. To book an appointment follow these steps:
1. Download the 'Seha' app, which is available for Apple and Android devices.
2. Select the 'COVID-19 vaccine appointment', which will be one of the first few options available on the home screen.
3. Select whether you wish to receive the vaccine at a drive-through centre or any other centre.
4. Tap on 'Book an appointment'.
5. Enter your full name, Emirates ID number, date of birth, mobile number and email address.
6. Select 'Book now' to confirm your appointment.
How to book an appointment in Dubai
On May 23, Dubai Health Authority announced that it was expanding its vaccinationv campaign by opening up booking slots for 12- to 15-year-olds for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. For this category, the vaccine is available at the following locations:
- Latifa Women and Children Hospital
- Hatta Hospital
- Al Barsha Primary Healthcare Centre
- Al Mizhar Primary Healthcare Centre
- Zabeel Primary Healthcare Centre
Parents will need to make a booking first through the DHA app.