Dubai: Planning to have a barbecue? If so, it’s important to equip yourself with some basic barbecuing safety rules before firing up the grill.
Dubai Municipality posted the guidelines on their social media channels on Monday, January 10. The civic body shared the safety tips to prevent fire accidents and serious injuries.
The municipal authority tweeted: “Spend a wonderful and cosy winter and enjoy a barbecue gathering with friends and family, but don’t forget to follow #DubaiMunicipality’s guidelines for a safe barbecue to prevent fire incidents.”
What are the guidelines?
These are the BBQ safety guidelines according to Dubai Municipality:
- Make sure the stove is safe before lighting the coals.
- Do not light coal in an enclosed space or indoors.
- Keep the burning stove away from children.
- Keep the lighter fluid away from the stove and out of children’s reach.
- Wear heat-resistant gloves and avoid wearing loose clothing near a burning stove.
- Turn off the fire when you are done, and dispose the coal properly to avoid burns.
What is the safest way to dispose of charcoal?
In December 2021, Sharjah’s Environment and Protected Areas Authority (EPAA) issued some guidelines on how to dispose charcoal after barbecues.
These are the steps you should follow:
- After you’re done with your barbecue, cool down the charcoal using water.
- Wait until the charcoal is cool.
- Place the charcoal in a separate trash bag.
- Close the trash bag tightly and dispose it safely in designated areas.
New 2022 Dubai public park timings
Want to have a barbecue at a park? Public parks and recreational sites in Dubai have updated their timings in 2022. The civic body announced the new schedule on December 30, 2021.
Dubai Municipality changed its working hours to correspond to the new four-and-a half-day working week, with Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday forming the new weekend for all federal government departments. The new work system was implemented on Sunday, January 1, 2022.
Want to know the complete list of timings for public parks in Dubai? Click here.
Looking for a BBQ spot in Abu Dhabi?
Recently the Department of Municipalities & Transport (DMT), shared a list of over 30 public parks in Abu Dhabi with designated BBQ areas. Abu Dhabi Media Office posted the list on their official social media channels on Thursday, January 6.
The parks are located in Abu Dhabi Island, Mainland Abu Dhabi, Al Dhafra Region and Al Ain City.
Read here for the complete list, along with location links.