Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Salman Khan has received a fresh death threat in an e-mail following which the police in Mumbai have lodged a case and started an investigation, sources in the know of things said on Sunday.
The e-mail threat, sent to a close associate of the actor, referred to the mafia don Lawrence Bishnoi's recent interview with a chilling claim, that "his life's aim was to kill Salman Khan".
The Bandra Police swung into action, geared up security outside Salman's home in Bandra West and began a probe into the latest developments, booking Bishnoi and his associate Goldy Brar.
The e-mail in Hindi, came from one Rohit Garg, who also wanted to talk with the actor and the police have booked him also following a complaint from 'Team Salman'.
The e-mail advises that if Salman had not seen the Bishnoi interview, then he should watch it, and if he wanted to close the matter, he must speak with Garg and Brar, face to face, and he would arrange it.
There has been no word from Salman on the latest ultimatum to eliminate him so far and it was not known if he was in Mumbai or not.
Khan is provided with Y+ category security by the Mumbai police as the actor is perceived to be under threat.
The Maharashtra state government took this step after the actor received a threat letter from the Lawrence Bishnoi gang earlier.
Last year, Salman and his father Salim Khan received a death threat. Salim Khan's security team found the letter outside their Mumbai home near the Bandra Bandstand promenade, where he goes for his routine morning jog.
After the threat letter, Salman submitted an application to the Mumbai Police seeking a weapon licence for his own protection.
In October last year, Delhi Police made a sensational revelation in the case pertaining to the alleged plot to kill Salman Khan. Police said that the Lawrence Bishnoi gang members tried to befriend the staff of the actor's farmhouse in Mumbai to ascertain the details about the timings of his entry and exit.