Cairo: Kuwait Wednesday announced two new fatalities due to COVID-19, raising to 13 the total such deaths in the country.
Some 168 more coronavirus cases were also confirmed, bringing to 2,248 the country's infection tally, spokesman for the Health Ministry Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said.
The latest deaths were two Indian residents who were in intensive care, Dr Al Sanad said in a media briefing.
The new diagnosed cases include 145 in contact with previously infected people and six others linked to travel abroad, the official said. The remaining 17 cases are being investigated for the source of contagion, he added.
Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah, meanwhile, said that 31 more patients have recovered from COVID-19, taking the total recoveries in the country to 443.