New Delhi: The parents of the 2012 Delhi gang rape-murder victim ‘Nirbhaya’ on Friday appealed to the Supreme Court and the government to execute the convicts on December 16, the day their daughter was brutally assaulted on a moving bus.

Nirbhaya’s parents Asha Devi and Badrinath Singh asked the court to issue a death warrant immediately.

“I will keep fighting for justice for my daughter till the time I am alive. I want immediate execution of those who snatched my daughter from me. I want them to be hanged on or before December 16,” Devi told Gulf News.

Lamenting the delay in getting justice, Devi also moved the top court to oppose a review plea by one of the four men sentenced to death in the case.

“It has been two-and-a-half years since the Supreme Court passed the order on the conviction of the rapists. I ask the court and government to not delay the case any further,” Devi added.

The Supreme Court will hear the matter on December 17.

Six people were convicted in the case. One convict, who was a minor, was later released while another convict Ram Singh committed suicide in Tihar Jail. The rest of the convicts have been sentenced to death.

Last week, convict Vinay Sharma withdrew his mercy plea pending before the President. Another convict Akshay Singh, filed a review petition in the top court.

However, the Supreme Court has already rejected similar review petitions from other convicts Vinay Sharma, Mukesh Singh and Pawan Gupta.

Counsel of Nirbhaya’s parents Jitendra Kumar Jha agreed that the rapists could not be executed till the Supreme Court decided the review petition filed by convict Akshay Singh.

“These legal remedies are basically delaying tactics by the convicts as they want to capture some more breath. I have appealed to the court to make this procedure time-bound to expedite the hanging of the convicts,” Jha told Gulf News.

Nirbhaya’s father Badrinath Singh said the court should have dismissed the review plea much earlier.

“We have no option but to accept the Supreme Court’s decision. We have been struggling for seven years but the court should have dismissed the review plea by now,” Singh told Gulf News.

On December 16, 2012, Physiotherapy intern Nirbhaya, 23, was beaten, gang raped, and tortured in a private bus in which she was travelling with her friend. Eleven days after the assault, she was transferred to a hospital in Singapore for emergency treatment but succumbed to her injuries two days later.