Dubai: On September 5, the UAE leadership made a series of announcements under the 'Projects of the 50' campaign, kicking off announcements of 50 projects throughout September. A major announcement made on Sunday was the 10-principle charter called the 'Principles of the 50'.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai also shared the announcement on his official Twitter page. He said, "As directed by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and discussed with Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, the UAE announces the 'Principles of the 50' which paves the strategic roadmap for the country's new era of political, economic and social development."
What are these principles for?
The 10 principles act as guidelines for all government institutions as the UAE celebrates its 50th year, and approaches a new phase of development over the next 50 years as directed by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, and envisioned by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai; and His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
- Strengthening the union
- Build the best and most dynamic economy in the world
- The end goal of politics is to serve the economy, while the end goal of economy is to provide the best life for the people of the UAE
- Developing education and attracting talent is the key to maintain the UAE’s excellence
- Good-neighbourliness is the basis of stability
- The UAE is one united economic, tourist and industrial destination
- The digital, technical and scientific excellence of the Emirates will define its development and economic frontiers
- The core value system in the UAE shall remain based on openness and tolerance, the preservation of rights, the rule of justice and the law
- Political disagreement with any country should not justify failing to provide relief to that country in cases of disasters, emergencies and crises
- Calling for peace, harmony, negotiations and dialogue to resolve all disputes is the basis of the UAE's foreign policy