Mumbai Indians record fourth win in a row
The Mumbai Indians thrust a 57-run defeat on Rajasthan Royals as they registered their fourth successive victory in IPL 2020, in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday night.
Chasing the Mumbai total of 193, Rajasthan’s hopes sank when they lost three top-order batsmen inside the powerplay. Only Jos Buttler (70 off 44 balls) carried the fight to their rivals, slamming five sixes in a total of nine boundaries.
That wasn’t good enough. Mumbai bowlers pegged back Rajasthan with regular strikes and two sensational catches – by substitute Anukul Roy and Kieron Pollard – rounded off an excellent display.
Earlier, Suryakumar Yadav struck a stylish 79 (47 balls) to steer Mumbai Indians to an imposing total.
Relive the match as it happened...
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Rajasthan Royals receives a boost with Ben Stokes
- IPL 2020 in UAE: AB De Villiers blames loss against DC to poor execution of skills
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Kagiso Rabada takes over Purple Cap from Chahal, Orange stays with KL Rahul
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Virat Kohli rues dropped catches after 59-run thrashing
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Injury blows as Bhuvaneshwar out of action, report says
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Shreyas Iyer the best bet as India’s future white ball captain