Dubai: The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) announced the launch of the second generation of the Emirates ID, a new advanced version, as part of the transition to the upgraded generation of identity cards and passports.
The updated version of the Emirates ID has the following features, which are new:
1. Enhanced protection of non-visible data – the data will be read through an ‘e-link system’ with ICA.
2. Advanced technical and technological characteristics – the card has a higher chip capacity and non-touch data reading features.
3. A high-quality card with a longer service life – the use of polycarbonate helps card’s service life exceeding 10 years.
4. A consolidated three-dimensional photo – laser printing feature authenticated with the date of birth
5. Additional fields and codes definition - professional data, issuing authority and population group will also be added to the information on the card.
Earlier, the ICA had also announced that people can access digital versions of the Emriates ID, which should be accepted by all departments and institutions that require it for verification purposes.