Dubai: If you have a significant amount of traffic fines due and are unable to pay them off in one go, you have the option to pay the fine in zero interest installments.
On Monday, May 22, Dubai Police promoted their service on their offficial social media channels, and urged motorists to pay their traffic fines in interest-free installments.
You can pay the traffic fines in installments through the 'Dubai Police' app available for Apple and Android devices, the website - dubaipolice.gov.ae, and Smart Police Stations.
The service allows vehicle owners, with violations owed to Dubai Police, to pay interest-free installments for a period of three, six or 12 months.
These payments can be made through credit cards issued by the following banks:
• Emirates NBD
• Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
• First Abu Dhabi Bank
• Emirates Islamic Bank
• Commercial Bank International
• Dubai Islamic Bank
• Standard Chartered Bank
• Commercial Bank of Dubai
• Finance House
Conditions that you need to fulfil
To avail of this service, however, there are certain conditions that you would need to fulfil, as per Dubai Police:
• The value of fines should not be less than Dh5,000 for individuals, and Dh20,000 for companies and institutions.
• You will need to pay 25 per cent of the total fines.
• The installments are issued for up to 24 months and according to the value of traffic fines.
• If you wish to postpone the installment, a fee of Dh100 would need to be paid. If the applicant is a company or institution, the fee would be Dh200. You would also need to pay a Dh10 Knowledge fee and Dh10 for Innovation fees for each cheque. The application should be submitted 15 days before the installment date.
• The first installment starts after 30 days and the duration between each installment should not exceed three months.
Steps to follow
• Apply for the service on the Dubai Police website here: https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/installmentServiceDetails - or open the ‘Fines Installment Service’ on the Dubai Police smartphone application.
• Enter the vehicle number or traffic file number or driver licence number.
• Select the ‘direct discount service’.
• Fill up your personal information, including bank account number and Emirates ID number.
• Agree to the terms and conditions of the direct discount service.