Dubai: If you have been the victim of a crime, you can approach police authorities and even file a criminal case by using smart services offered by Dubai Police. In a tweet on July 8, Dubai Police reminded users that they can file a criminal case online, through the authority’s website – www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
As part of Dubai Police’s online service, you can file a criminal case online for the following situations:
1. Breach of Trust Case
2. Insulting Case
3. Insult via Mobile Case
4. Threat Case
5. Hassle Case
6. Assault Case
How can I file a criminal case?
Step 1: Choose your preferred platform
You can use the following smart services to file a criminal case in Dubai:
1. Online - https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservices/opencriminalcase
2. Dubai Police app. The app is available for Apple and Android devices. Log on to your account and under Criminal Services, select ‘File Criminal Complaint’.
3. Visit a smart police station.
Step 2: Enter your personal details
You will be asked to provide your Emirates ID number as well as an email address.
Step 3: Enter case details
You will also need to provide details of the case, including:
1. Details of your claim.
2. Date, time and location of the alleged incident.
3. Any details of witnesses to the alleged crime, or any proof of the alleged crime.
4. Additional comments, which you may wish to add.
Next, select the police station of the area where the crime occurred.
Step 4: Verify and submit
Once you have filled in the details, make sure you go through them to correct any errors or missing details. It is important to ensure that all the information provided in the form is accurate, as any misuse of the service would lead to legal action, according to Dubai Police.
The authority also provided the following advice to people who wish to use the service:
• Once you have filed the police case, you will be required to visit the police station and bring all documents and evidence. You have to bring your Emirates ID and verify your identity and sign the testimony.
• Your email address must be correct and your email inbox must not be full.