Dubai: Searching for a COVID-19 vaccination centre in your emirate? These are the vaccination centres in Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman and Fujairah that are offering the Sinopharm and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, operated by Emirates Health Services (EHS).
List of public facilities providing the COVID-19 vaccine:
The list provided by EHS covers six emirates: Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman and Fujairah.
• Al Ittihad Tent: Saturday to Thursday 8am -5pm
• Dubai Mall (Zabeel): 9am-6pm
• Al Lussily Health Center: 8am -5pm
• Oasis Mall
• Muwaileh Council
• Arab Cultural Club
• Mughaider Council
• Hayawa Suburb Council
• Dibba Al-Hisn City Council
• Al Bustan Suburb Council
• Department of Culture-Kalba
• COVID-19 Center in Public Health Center-Kalba
The opening hours for COVID-19 vaccine centres in Sharjah are Sunday to Thursday from 9am to 6pm.
Umm Al Quwain
• Al Bait Metwahhed: Saturday to Thursday from 8am -5pm
Ras Al Khaimah
• Noura Bin Sultan Center: Sunday to Thursday from 8am to 2pm
• Al Bait Almotwahid Hall of Ras Al Khaimah: 8am to 3pm
• Ras Al Khaimah Sport Hall: 8am -8pm. Saturday timings are: 8am to 4pm.
• Public Health Center-Al Qosaydat: 7.30am to 2.30pm
• Sheikh Khalifa Hall Albait Metwahhed: Saturday to Thursday from 10am to 7pm
• Indian Association: 10am to 7pm
• Al Tanmya Hall-Al Jerf: 10am to 7pm
• Ajman Society of Social and Cultural Development: Saturday to Thursday from 9am to 6pm (Until 30th of December 2021)
• Al Bait Metwahhed Hall: Saturday to Thursday from 8am to 4pm
• Dibba Exhibition Centre: 9am to 5pm
For a list of COVID-19 vaccine centres in Dubai, under the Dubai Health Authority, read our detailed guide here.
How can I book a vaccine appointment?
To book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine at a EHS facility, you would need to call the EHS hotline - 800 8877.
To book an appointment through the toll free number, follow these steps:
- Call 800 8877.
- Dial 1 for Arabic or 2 for English.
- After selecting your preferred language, dial 1 for appointment booking services.
- You will then be transferred to an operator, who will book your COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
To book an appointment online download the ‘Covid-19 EHS’ app available on all Apple, Android and Huawei devices.
To book an appointment on the app, follow these steps:
Download the application from the IOS App Store, Google Play or the Huawei AppGallery.
Tap on ‘Book Vaccine Appointment’, which is a light pink tab.
There are three options:
- Citizens, Residents and Students.
- Senior Citizens at home vaccination.
- Bulk appointment for companies.
Choose the category that applies to you.
Tap on the ‘Citizens, Residents and Students’ option.
Then tap on the ‘Book Appointment’ tab.
Then, you will have to choose your ‘appointments category’, there are six options:
- Booster dose
- GCC Nationals
- Student (12 years and above)
- UAE Nationals
Choose the vaccine you prefer. There are three vaccine choices:
- Sinopharm BIBP (inactivated) - Sinopharm BIBP COVID-19 vaccine.
- Sinopharm HYT (inactivated) – Hayat-Vax. Hayat Vax is COVID-19 vaccine manufactured in the UAE.
- Pfizer - BioNTech
What is an inactivated vaccine? Click here for a comprehensive breakdown on the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine.
After choosing your preferred vaccine, fill the application form.
Enter the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- Emirates ID number
- Mobile number
Then tap ‘Next’ and fill out the second part of the application form:
- Choose your Emirate.
- Select the dates within which you would prefer to get the vaccine. When you choose your preferred dates, the app will present the centres available where you can get an appointment for the vaccine.
- Tap the confirm tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Your vaccine appointment is now officially scheduled. You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number stating your name, date, time and location of the vaccine appointment.
How can I get a booster shot?
If you have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a three- to six-month gap has passed from the date of your second dose, you are eligible for a COVID-19 booster shot.
COVID-19 vaccines as booster doses:
EHS is providing booster shots of the following vaccines:
Pfizer-BioNTech: Available to all individual above 18 years old. You only receive Pfizer booster dose after six months from your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Sinopharm: This is for all eligible individuals who are over 16 years old and have received two doses of the Sinopharm vaccine. For low-risk groups it is six months from the second dose of Sinopharm. It is three months from the second dose for high-risk groups
What are the high-risk groups?
According to EHS, these are the high-risk groups that are susceptible to contracting COVID-19:
- Individuals over 50 years old
- Individuals who are within the obese category
- Immunocompromised individuals
- Patients with chronic diseases
On December 21, the National Emergency, Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) urged all individuals over the age of 18 years, who have completed six months after taking their second jab, to visit their nearest vaccination centre to take the booster dose. Read their complete advisory here.