Dubai: The UAE’s authorities have been implementing very clear guidelines for shops to adhere to, as part of the precautionary measures taken against COVID-19. But if you see a shop flouting basic COVID-19 rules, how can you report it?
The Dubai Economic Department (DED) has been issuing warning and fines, and even closing down establishments in the case of more serious violations, to protect consumers in the emirate. On January 21, Dubai Tourism announced that it had issued more than 200 violations of non-compliance with guidelines in three weeks and closed down around 20 establishments.
Some of the common violations reported by the Commercial Compliance and Consumer Protection (CCCP) Sector include the failure of employees to wear face masks properly, social distancing stickers not being placed and non-adherence to physical distancing at shops.
Any non-compliance can be reported to Dubai Economic Department through the Dubai Consumer app, by calling 600 545555 or on the website consumerrights.ae
How to report it on the app
1. Download the Dubai Consumer app available on the Apple, Google, and Huawei stores.
2. Select the option for ‘Consumer complaint’.
3. Choose the option to ‘comment’.
4. Fill in your details, like your full name and mobile number.
5. You can then add details of the violation you noticed. The app also give you the option to upload any images that you would like to add.
6. Click Submit.
How to report a violation on consumerrights.ae
1. Visit the website consumerrights.ae
2. Under ‘Submit Compliant’, select Consumer Complaints
3. Fill in your details, like your full name and mobile number.
4. You can then add details of the violation you noticed. The app also give you the option to upload any images that you would like to add
If you live in any other emirate and would like to reach out to its economic department, here is how you can contact them.
Abu Dhabi Government Contact Center at 800555
Visit this website https://eservices.sedd.ae/eservicesweb/general-transactions/suggestions/view.xhtml?sugType=3&cp=2 or call 80080000
Ajman Consumer complaints: 800 70
Ministry of Economy - 09 223 3330
Ras Al Khaimah
Umm Al Quwain