If you want to have 100 per cent ownership of your company, regardless of type of business, you need to opt for a license and location in one of the many free zones of UAE.
They are designed to encourage foreign investment with easier start-up processes, labour and immigration procedures, 100 per cent ownership for all nationalities and other legal services. Each free zone has its own authority and its own rules, which are applicable to investors looking to set up firm in those zones.
1. Allows 100 per cent foreign national ownership of firm with no requirement of local sponsor or local service agent.
2. Waiver of corporate taxes (time-bound and renewable for further periods).
3. Exemption from personal taxes as well as import and export taxes.
4. 100 per cent repatriation of revenue and profits.
5. Documentation is less and more suited to foreign investors.
6. Long-term leasing options (up to 25 years) available at great terms to investors.
7. Recruitment and workforce processes are simplified, faster and cheaper.
8. Easy availability of legal, housing, immigration, labour and other facilities.
9. Incorporation is faster than when done outside free zones
10. 100 per cent free transfer of funds
Note: Gulf News is not responsible for any changed or updated information on UAE law, kindly contact the free zones or government authorities for any individual queries.
List of free zones
|Free Zones in Dubai|
|Dubai Airport Free Zone|
|Dubai Auto Zone|
|Dubai Cars and Automotive Zone|
|Dubai Design District|
|Dubai Flower Centre|
|Dubai Gold and Diamond Park|
|Dubai Healthcare City|
|Dubai Industrial City|
|Dubai International Academic City|
|Dubai International Financial Centre|
|Dubai Internet City|
|Dubai Knowledge Park|
|Dubai Logistics City|
|Dubai Maritime City Authority|
|Dubai Media City|
|Dubai Multi Commodities Centre|
|Dubai Outsource Zone|
|Dubai Science Park|
|Dubai Silicon Oasis|
|Dubai Studio City|
|Dubai Techno Park (New name: National Industries Complex)|
|Dubai Textile City|
|Energy and Environment Park|
|International Humanitarian City|
|Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority|
|Jumeirah Lakes Towers Free Zone|
|Dubai Production City|
|Free Zones in Abu Dhabi|
|Abu Dhabi Airport Business City|
|Abu Dhabi Global Market|
|Abu Dhabi Ports Company|
|Higher corporation for specialized economic zones/ ZonesCorp|
|Industrial City of Abu Dhabi|
|Free Zones in Sharjah|
|Hamriya Free Zone Authority|
|Sharjah Airport Free Zone Authority|
|USA Regional Trade Center Free Zone|
|Free Zones in Fujairah|
|Creative City Fujairah|
|Fujairah Free Zone Authority|
Ras Al Khaimah
|Free Zones in Ras Al Khaimah|
|RAK Investment Authority Free Zone|
|RAK Maritime City|
|Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone|
|Ras Al Khaimah Media Free Zone|
Ajman and Umm Al Quwain
These emirates have one free zone authority each; Ajman Free Zone Authority and Umm Al Quwain Free Zone Authority