1kg turkey breast, skinned and boned
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
6 shallots, peeled, quartered
175gm chestnut mushrooms, halved
2 courgettes, medium-sized, sliced
150ml each of white grape juice and chicken stock
6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
8 preserved lemon wedges
1 sprig parsley, chopped
1. Marinate the turkey for 30 minutes in a shallow dish with salt and black pepper, lemon rind, juice and garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and add the shallots. Cook over medium heat until the shallots begin to brown, then add the mushrooms and courgettes and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables using a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add turkey to casserole, cook for 15 minutes until brown on all sides. Return the shallots, mushrooms and courgettes to the casserole, pour in the grape juice and stock and bring to a boil.
4. Once the liquid is boiling, stir in the tomatoes, then reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes. Add the lemon and cook for a further 15 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through. Season with salt and black pepper.
5. To prepare the couscous, bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan that has a lid. Add the couscous, stir, then remove from the heat. Cover and leave to stand for 15 minutes until the couscous has absorbed the stock. Separate the grains with a fork, stir in the parsley and season with salt and black pepper. Divide the couscous between 4 plates and top with some turkey.
Recipe and photo courtesy: GN Archives