1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 ½ tbsp (20ml) olive oil
250gm beef sausages, sliced
2 white onions, finely chopped
30gm garlic, pounded
50 gms assorted bell peppers
30 gms squid, sliced
2 pinches saffron
120gm tomato, peeled and chopped
400gm long grain rice
60gm clams, washed
30gm prawns, peeled
50gm crab meat
1. Heat olive oil in a shallow paella pan and cook chicken pieces until golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
2. In the same oil, cook sausages till slightly brown. Add onion, garlic, peppers, squid and saffron. Saute till onion is transparent.
3. Add tomato, mix and add rice. Mix well and add the remaining seafood. Saute for a minute and add chicken stock (twoand-half times the volume of the rice). Cover with a foil and bring to a boil.
4. Put the pan in a preheated oven and cook the paella at 220⁰C for 25-30 minutes.
5. Switch off the oven, leave the paella in it, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy: Chef Uwe Micheel, Radisson SAS Dubai Creek