Award-winning Bollywood singer Sonu Nigam has revealed he had a recent life-threatening health scare that landed him in the hospital.
The singer posted a picture of his swollen face on Instagram, revealing that he suffered a severe allergic reaction that caused his trachea to swell up. Nigam added that the incident occurred over his seafood allergy.
“Now that you know that I am returning back from Jeypore Orissa after managing a concert last night, I now don’t mind sharing how I was the day before yesterday,” he wrote in the post. “Lesson for all of us, Never ever ever ever take a chance with allergies. Seafood in my case.”
The singer further continued: “If Nanavati Hospital [in Mumbai] wasn’t near by, my trachea would have swollen up further and lead to asphyxiation.”
In another post, Nigam thanked everyone for their love and concern.