Dubai: Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and chairman and CEO of Emirates airline and Group, has topped Forbes Middle East’s Top 50 Travel and Tourism Leaders list.
The list spotlights 50 leaders who drive growth in the Middle East’s travel and tourism industry, building on their desire to reconnect with the world.
Emirates airline and group’s revenue reached $6.7 billion in the first half of the 2021-22 fiscal year.
Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths has ranked third on the list.
The UAE dominated this month’s list with 24 of the leaders featured based in the UAE, followed by 11 in Saudi Arabia, and four in Egypt. The hotels and hospitality sector is the most dominant on the list with 26 entries, followed by aviation with 17, and tourism with seven entries.
Here are the top 5 leaders on the list:
1. Sheikh Ahmed / Emirates Group / UAE
2. Akbar Al Baker / Qatar Airways Group / Qatar
3. Paul Griffiths / Dubai Airports / UAE
4. Ibrahim Koshy / Saudia / Saudi Arabia
5. Faisal Al Thani / Al Rayyan Tourism Investment Company / Qatar