Sharjah: An anti-theft campaign was launched by police in Sharjah on Tuesday as part of a safe neighbourhood initiative, which was launched in August and will run till October.
The campaign will focus on Sharjah’s central and eastern regions and Al Nahda area.
A team from the Community Police Department distributed awareness leaflets to residents and motorists in Al Nahda area in three languages (Arabic, English and Urdu) and posted audio-visual clips on social media accounts of Sharjah Police.
Brigadier Arif Bin Hudaib, director of media and public relations department at Sharjah Police, said the campaign aims to raise the sense of security among residents and make the UAE one of the best countries in terms of security and safety.
Sharjah Police called on citizens and residents to cooperate with security agencies and report any suspicious, threatening behaviour, theft or other negative episodes.
- Don’t showcase valuables to strangers.
- Avoid displaying money drawn from banks in front of pedestrians.
- Avoid writing your PIN on debit/credit cards.
- Do not put a bag containing money or other valuables in the front seat of your vehicle.
- Avoid keeping your wallet in the back pocket of your trousers.
- Report any threat or extortion on 999