Gevora Hotel
Image Credit: Twitter

Dubai: A minor fire erupted at Gevora Hotel, the world’s tallest hotel, on Shaikh Zayed Road on Sunday night.

Dubai Police tweeted that three people suffered minor injuries due to smoke, and that the fire started because of an electric fault in the sauna room.

A Dubai Civil Defence spokesperson confirmed to Gulf News that the fire started at around 7.40pm at the ceiling of one of the saunas in the hotel.

Hotel guests were evacuated, the spokesperson said. He said the fire was extinguished immediately.

Firefighters from Al Etihad Fire station responded to the blaze, along with other emergency responders who cordoned off the 1,168-feet hotel, which opened its doors in February 2018.

The road outside of the hotel was also closed to cars. Firefighters could be seen entering the property.

A hotel receptionist confirmed the incident to Gulf News: “There was a fire but no one was harmed. People were evacuated immediately.”

Gevora Hotel features 528 deluxe rooms and suites, five dining experiences, leisure facilities with a main pool deck, a fully equipped health club.