Dubai: Emirati youths deserve the best and are expected to give the best as we bet on them for better future for our nation, said His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Shaikh Mohammad’s remarks came yesterday (Sunday) as he along with His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, inaugurated the world’s best youth hub in Dubai.
The Vice-President and the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince were accompanied by Shamma Suhail Faris Al Mazroui, Minister of State for Youth, who supervised the development of the youth centre in collaboration with Emirates Youth Councils. They toured the new facility, which was designed by Emirati youths under 30 years.
أفضل مركز شباب .. لشبابنا الذين يستحقون الأفضل. pic.twitter.com/nWmvW7rRwQ— HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) September 17, 2017
The centre comprises areas designated for young media professionals, entrepreneurs, young researchers and programmers. It houses offices and meeting halls for young people, spaces for young entrepreneurs a library to enrich their knowledge, a laboratory to develop solutions and host brainstorming sessions, a youth cafe and a theatre for youth events.
While opening the new centre, Shaikh Mohammad said, “My brother Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed and I are very pleased to open the youth centre. We are here to send message to the nation’s youths that they have a big responsibility lying ahead. We also meant to communicate a message to all officials that they need to pay special attention to young people and give them a role in shouldering part of the nation’s responsibilities.”
Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid and Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed issued directions to expand the model of the newly-opened youth centre across the country where young Emiratis be offered an environment that stimulates their creativity and innovation, helps them design their future and foster their skills and talents.
“We want youth centres to serve as mediums and platforms that inspire young Emiratis to be more creative and better serve their nation. Youth centres should offer creative spaces for youths that help them shape their own future and contribute greatly to their nation’s future,” the Vice-President said.
Speaking through a closed-circuit television to the Emirates Youth Council in the US, Shaikh Mohammad told them: “You are the ambassadors of your country and on a national mission to return to home with the best education, science, practices and research, in order to better serve your nation and take it to greater heights and advanced ranks.”
Also speaking via the CCTV, Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed expressed his pride in Emirati students studying abroad as they carry out their national duty in their quest to fulfil the ambitions of their people and their nation’s future.
“All our youths have the responsibility to serve their nation, but our young citizens, who study abroad, have a double responsibility. This is because they represent their country-with its ethics, identity, values and sublimity, and it is their duty to be the best envoys of their country,” Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed said,
He added: “The centre is yet another addition and serves as an incubator for young people to foster their skills and talents. Investing in their potential is a key pillar for the development of our country.”
“Since its foundation, the UAE has advanced greatly thanks to its people’s solidarity. It has become an exceptional model by laying the foundations for a supportive environment that empowers young people to work, excel and innovate”, Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed said.
He wished all Emiratis the best and success in serving their nation and strengthening the march of giving to raise the nation’s profile and stature.
About the Youth Hub
• Located at Emirates Towers, the Youth Hub aims to inspire young Emiratis.
• Designed by youths under 30 years.It is the brainchild of the Emirates Youth Council, under the supervision of Shamma Suhail Faris Al Mazroui, Minister of State for Youth
• It offers an environment conducive to young people.
• It serves as an incubator to inspire and nurture youth creativity and innovation
• It comprises areas designated for young media professionals, entrepreneurs, young researchers and programmers.
• It houses offices and meeting halls for young people and spaces for young entrepreneurs.
• It includes a library to enrich young people’s knowledge and a laboratory to develop solutions and host brainstorming sessions.
• It houses a youth cafe and a theatre for youth events.
• It has a dedicated exhibition area for youths to showcase their achievements
• It houses areas designated to foster youths’ skills and boost their knowledge.
• It allows young entrepreneurs a space to showcase their projects