Following are the major changes adopted by UAE Cabinet during a meeting on Wednesday night chaired by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai:
AT A GLANCE: Major changes adopted by UAE Cabinet
• UAE Cabinet announces decision to abolish mandatory bank guarantee for labour recruitment and replace it with a low-cost insurance system.
• New visa facilitation procedures for visitors, residents, families & people overstaying their visa also adopted.
• UAE exemption of transit passengers from all entry fees for first 48 hours approved. Transit visa extension for up to 96 hours for a fee of Dh50.
• The Cabinet decision also grants people overstaying their visa a chance to leave the country voluntarily without a "no entry" stamp on their passport.
• New 6-month visa to be introduced for job seekers who overstayed their visa but wish to work in the country. Temporary visa to enhance the UAE's position as a land of opportunities, a destination for talents and professionals.
• UAE grants those who entered country illegally a chance to leave voluntarily with a 'no entry' stamp for 2 years, if they present return ticket.
• UAE Cabinet allows individuals wishing to adjust or renew their visa to do so for a fee, without having to leave and re-enter the country.
• UAE Cabinet adopts resolution on empowering 'People of Determination', enabling them to equal access the job market.
In a cabinet meeting today we approved reforms including replacing the bank guarantee system for private sector employees, with a low-cost insurance scheme. This will release AED 14 billion back to the private sector companies and will further lower the cost of doing business . pic.twitter.com/4BYNzldJ0S
This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to improve your experience and provide more personalized service to you.