Dubai: The RC 44 Championship Tour is about to discover a new venue for the third stage of its Championship Tour 2010: Copenhagen.
Ten World Class teams will take part in the event on June 8 - 13.
May 26, 2010 - Copenhagen will host the third regatta of the RC 44 Championship Tour 2010 on June 8 - 13. Organised by the Royal Danish Yacht Club, the event will bring together ten RC 44 one-designs for a week of fleet and match racing.
Organised for the first time, the RC 44 Copenhagen Cup will be part of the celebrations of the tenth anniversary of Oresund bridge; the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe.
Founded in 1866, the Royal Danish Yacht Club is one of Europe's most prestigious yacht clubs.
"We are very proud to host the RC44 fleet here in Wonderful Copenhagen", says Morten Lorenzen, CEO of the club. "Organizing great events for great classes is part of our strategy in the Club. The RC 44 Copenhagen Cup follows recent events like the 470 World Championships in 2009, the X-Yachts Gold Cup in 2008, the Farr 40 Worlds in 2007 and since 2000 our annual Danish Open in Match Racing, as part of the World Match Racing Tour. As hosts of the RC 44 Copenhagen Cup we look forward to welcoming owners, sailors and guests in Copenhagen."
- The teams involved in the RC 44 Copenhagen Cup:
- Team No Way Back (Pieter Heerema / Ray Davies)
- Artemis (Torbjorn Tornqvist / Terry Hutchinson)
- CEEREF (Igor Lah / Rod Davis)
- BMW ORACLE Racing (Larry Ellison / Russell Coutts)
- Team Aqua (Chris Bake / Cameron Appleton)
- Team Islas Canarias Puerto Calero (José Juan Calero / José Maria Ponce)
- Katusha (Guennadi Timtchenko / Paul Cayard)
- Team Sea Dubai (Harm Muller Spreer / Markus Wieser)
- Team Austria (René Mangold / Christian Binder)
- 17 (Ian Vickers / James Spithill)