Gaekwad helps CSK finish campaign in style
Dubai: A classy, unbeaten 62 off 49 deliveries by Ruturaj Gaekwad – his third half-century on the trot – anchored Chennai Super Kings to a nine-wicket win over Kings XI Punjab and finished their campaign in style.
The loss, meanwhile, put a spanner in the hopes of Kings XI making the play-offs as they have now finished their campaign with only 12 points.
Chasing 154, Chennai never looked in any sorts of trouble as Gaekwad and Faf du Plessis (48) gave them a flying start. Later, Ambati Rayudu (30 not out) helped young Gaekwad finish the job with seven balls to spare.
Earlier, an unbeaten 62 by Deepak Hooda gave KL Rahul’s men a late push to finish with a competitive total of 153 for the loss of six wickets.
Relive the match as it happened…
- The scenarios: How teams can qualify for IPL playoffs from last round of matches
- Six magical moments of IPL 2020 in UAE
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Terrible feeling to lose three in a row, says AB De Villiers
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Can Jason Holder be the new Dwayne Bravo or Darren Sammy in IPL?
- IPL 2020 in UAE: We weren't brave enough with bat, says Virat Kohli after RCB loss
- IPL 2020 in UAE: King XI Punjab, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals? Do-or-die battles on Sunday