Classifieds powered by Gulf News

Worker electrocuted, police probe safety lapses

Accident occurred as man was carrying out maintenance work in a house

Gulf News

Sharjah: Sharjah Police are investigating the death of an Asian worker on Sunday morning while he was carrying out maintenance work in a house.

The 33-year-old from Pakistan was electrocuted while engaged in maintenance work at the house of an Emirati man in Al Madam area. The victim was not wearing safety gear when the incident occurred and his company too had not followed safety procedures, officials said.

Upon receiving a call alerting them about the incident, police and paramedics rushed to the scene but the worker died on the way to hospital. His body was transferred to Al Dhaid Hospital and later to a forensic laboratory for autopsy.

Loading...