Dubai: Did you know that if your residence visa is due for renewal, it is possible to apply for a renewal online, without the need to step out.
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) – which manages visa-related issues in the emirates of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah – announced the process that applicants can follow to complete the renewal of their residence permit online.
In the announcement, made on their social media channels, ICA mentioned that the renewal application can be easily completed through the website www.ica.gov.ae or the smartphone application ‘ICA UAE’.
Steps to follow
These are the steps you need to follow, according to the ICA:
Step 1: Register and create an account using UAE PASS or log in to smart services in case of prior registration.
Step 2: Choose the Residence Permit Renewal service.
Step 3: Submit the application, review and update the retrieved data, and pay fees.
Step 4: Submit an application to renew your ID card.
Step 5: Hand in the passport to the approved delivery company.
Step 6: Your passport will be labelled with the Residency Permit sticker and then delivered to you through the approved delivery company.
How long does the process take?
On its website, the ICA online service portal mentions the total time for the renewal of the residency permit as 48 hours.
Which documents are required?
Depending on the sponsor – company or family – as well as the type of visa the documents may differ slightly. The ICA website provides detailed list of documents for each category, which can be found here.
If you are a private sector employee or an employee in a free zone, and are applying to renew your family’s residence visa, these are the documents you need to upload:
1. A recent colour photograph of the sponsored person with a white background.
2. Passport copy
3. Certificate of medical fitness approved by competent authorities for those over 18 years old.
4. Emirates ID application receipt.
5. Employment contract.
6. Accommodation lease (attested) or accommodation ownership by the sponsor.
7. A copy of the sponsor's passport with valid residency.
8. Medical Insurance (for Abu Dhabi visas).
Enter details carefully
In its social media post, the ICA also provided additional advice, urging applicants to ensure that the information they enter is accurate:
1. Please make sure the information you provide is valid and accurate.
2. Please make sure you enter your ID number and expiry date correctly when applying for renewal or replacement.
3. Please make sure the data you enter into the digital application form is correct before paying the fees to avoid delays in processing of your application.
4. Providing valid and accurate data ensures swift processing of your application within set timeframe.
5. Please make sure your data (e.g. Phone number, email address and delivery method) are entered correctly in the digital application platform.
6. Kindly note that the data you enter will be reviewed and validated by the ICA.