Dubai: If you regularly visit the UAE, applying for the multiple entry tourist visa may be an option you are considering. Announced earlier this year, the five-year multiple entry tourist visa will allow visa holders to stay in the UAE for 90 days at a time.
On its official social media channels, the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICA) posted steps that registered typing centres can take to apply for the visa.
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
• Log on to the ICA website – www.ica.gov.ae
• Select ‘Smart services’ from the menu on the right of the screen.
• Choose the option for ‘Typing centres services’ and log in to the ICA system using your credentials.
• Select the ‘Issuance of Multi-trip tourist visa (All Nationalities- Visa Issuance)’
• Fill in the data in the application form, attach the required documents, review the application and make the fee payment.
Which documents do you need to submit?
Basheer Kolothodi, Public Relations Officer at Zoom Line Typing Centre in Abu Dhabi, said that they were taking submissions from customers for the five-year multiple entry tourist visa.
To complete the application, you would need the following documents:
1. Passport copy
2. Passport sized photograph with a white background
3. Travel insurance
4. Bank statement for six months showing a minimum balance of $4,000 (approximately Dh14,692) or equivalent
“The cost of the visa is Dh650 and if you apply through the typing centre, you would need to pay a service fee of Dh50,” Kolothodi said.
You can stay for a maximum of 90 days and can be extended for another 90 days, subject to the additional payment of Dh400.
Can I apply for the visa directly?
Shamsuddin Kottayil, Public Relations Manager at First Gate Business Services in Dubai, while everyone can directly apply for the visa through the ICA portal, if you apply for it through a typing centre, a nominal service charge would be applicable.
How long can I stay in the UAE on a single trip?
“You can stay for a maximum of 90 days and can be extended for another 90 days, subject to the additional payment of Dh400,” Kottayil said.
“There is no limit to the maximum number of entries you can make into the UAE on this visa and it takes approximately 10 working days for the visa to be issued,” he added.