Criteria: Visit visas for immediate family members can be obtained by residents (called sponsors), whose monthly salary is not less than Dh4000 or Dh3000 and accommodation.
Validity of Visa
Short term visa: 30 days
Long term visa: 90 days
No extensions are permitted beyond this period.
Short term visa: Dh620 application fee + typing fees
Long term visa: Dh1120 application fee + typing feesA deposit of Dh1000 to be paid, which can be reimbursed after your relative has left the country.
• Typed application form
• A copy of the sponsor’s passport and family member's passport
• 1 photo of the family member (may be required)
• Marriage contract attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs or UAE Embassy (for sponsoring a wife or husband)
• Attested birth certificates (for sponsoring children)
• Relationship proof attested from the Embassy (in case relationship cannot be proved from family names in sponsor and relative's passport)
• Attested work contract if the sponsor is working in a private company or a salary certificate if working in government
• Housing contract attested by the Real Estate Regulatory Agency and registered under the Ejari system
• Traveller insurance
Note: Ejari is the new initiative of Rera to regulate and facilitate the Rental Market of Dubai. It is an electronic registration web service. Registration fee costs Dh160.
1. Go to any authoried typing office and get application form typed.
2. Go to Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD) and submit along with your documents to Visa Section.
3. Send either original or copy to your relative. If only copy was sent, then deposit original at the airport or the DNATA counter at DNRD. It is advisable to deposit visa giving sufficient time for flight to land. It is also the responsibility of the sponsor to ensure all travel arrangements are made for your relative, including the 'Ok to board' that may be required by some airlines.
For more information, visit DNRD website or call their friendly Amer Toll free service on 800-5111
Source: The official portal of Dubai Government