We pick out the best things to do at the annual art fair, Abu Dhabi Art in Manarat Al Saadiyat.
1. Learn how to build your own art collection at the Now's the Time: Art Investments and Collections talk
Location Abu Dhabi Art Pavilion Cost Free Time 11am-12pm Speakers Catherine David, Director, Pompidou Center Museum, Paris, Philippe Dutilleul Francoeur, Collector, Paris, Ahmed Mater, Art Director, Misk, Riyadh and Zeinab Al Hashemi, Artist moderated by Mannan Ibrahim, Director, Art & Cultural Entrepreneur
2. Get creative with the art workshops like The Invisible Woman (two-day workshop led by Manal Al Dowayan for teens and adults)
Location Art Studio, Manarat Al Saadiyat Time 6pm to 8pm Cost Dh100
3. Join the stand-up Comedy Night of Durub Al Tuwayya with Wonho Chung and Omar Ismail
Location Manarat Al Saadiyat Cost Free Dates and times Friday, November 10 - From 8.30pm to 10.30pm
4. Participate in the talk - Connecting Collections: Guggenheim Abu Dhabi and Zayed National Museum in Conversation with Ahmed Mater with Maisa Al Qassimi, Programmes Manager at Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Salama Al Shamsi, Senior Project Manager at Zayed National Museum.
Cost Free Date and Time Wednesday, November 8, 2pm to 3pm
5. Visit the Art Central - Shop at the Art Central which offers a variety of cool art supplies from painting, drawing, poetry and ceramics material.
Location Opposite the Manarat Al Saadiyat Auditorium
6. Grab a quick bite at the food trucks – Abu Dhabi Art will offer a variety of food trucks such as Clinton St. Baking Company, Saj 2 Go Restaurant & Bakery, Meylas Emirati Restaurant, Kiwi and Lemon Juice and Gossip Cafe & Desserts.
7. Have a luxury meal at the brand new Italian cuisine, the Larte Restaurant at Manarat Al Saadiyat
8. View the Street Art at Manarat Al Saadiyat and throughout Abu Dhabi city
Three artists have created artworks on buses, showing throughout the city for one month. Philippe Baudelocque, presents ‘cosmic’ drawings and links between nature and culture. Amitabh Kumar ‘transform a bus into a living animal’, and Pierre Seinturier transform a bus into ‘rolling countryside’.
Location Manarat Al Saadiyat and throughout Abu Dhabi city Date Running from 8 November 2017 - 27 January 2018
Location Manarat Al Saadiyat Dates November 8 to 11
Entrance to the fair is Dh50 – and grants you access to everything except the workshops. You can register for both the workshops and purchase your tickets from www.abudhabiart.ae