90 gms Carnaroli rice
20 ml extra virgin olive oil
15ml red and yellow capsicum sauce (made in bulk – 1 kg roasted capsicum blended with 200 ml vegetable stock)
15 ml green capsicum sauce (made in bulk – 500 gms roasted capsicum and 500 gms green peas, blended with 200 ml vegetable stock)
30 ml potato cream (made in bulk – 500 gms potato peeled and chopped, 1 l of water)
1 l vegetable stock (2 carrots, 1 onion, 3 stalks of celery, 1 zucchini per 1 l of water)
5 gms mix cress
10 gms green peas
1g mint leaves
24k gold leaf to garnish (optional)
1. Roast the yellow, red and green capsicums in the oven, remove the skin and blend the yellow and red capsicum with the vegetable stock until you have a smooth sauce. Then blend the green capsicum with half of the green peas to make a more intense green-coloured sauce.
2. Blanch the remaining half of the green peas in boiled, salted water for 1 minute, then remove and cool in a bowl of cold water to maintain the green colour. Then, peel off the skin and season with mint, salt and pepper
3. Start by first toasting the rice in the hot pan with extra virgin olive oil, then slowly adding the vegetable stock, and salt — cook until the rice is al dente.
4. Remove from heat and add the potato cream made with cooked potatoes blended with vegetable stock. This will make the risotto creamy, then add salt and pepper to taste.
5. To make the potato cream, peel, chop the potatoes, and cook in 1 litre of water until softened and the water has been reduced to 60 per cent. Blend until smooth and, the result is a very thick sauce.
6. For the plating of the dish, firstly, at the base of the dish, add the green peas and the capsicum sauce then the risotto. Flatten the risotto by tapping the bottom of the dish with your hand. Add the capsicum sauce, the seasoned green peas and the cress salad.
7. The final touch is to top it off with 24k gold leaf in the centre.
Do you have any favourite dishes you would like to share the recipes for? Email us on email@example.com