1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, cubed
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
4 tbsp tomato paste
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 litre water
Salt and pepper, to taste
500gm rice, cooked, and a handful of redcurrants mixed in
1. Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onion, carrot and celery till glazed.
2. Add turmeric and cumin powders.
3. Saute for a minute. Add tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for a minute. Add the water and cook to form a gravy.
4. Place chicken in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook for 30 minutes. Remove chicken, cool it slightly and cut into pieces.
5. Heap rice on a plate, push chicken pieces into the rice all around and the drizzle the gravy all over.
6. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy: Hassan, Radisson SAS Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
Share your favourite recipes with us at firstname.lastname@example.org