200 gms sweet potatoes (3 to 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes)
3 gms finely chopped green chilies (2 medium-sized chilies)
½ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste (equal measures)
Salt to taste
For the spiced basil cream:
2 tsp olive oil
30 gms fresh basil leaves
10 gms cashews
½ tsp red chilli flakes
1 tsp chaat masala (store bought)
3 to 4 tbsp soy cream (store bought)
½ tsp crushed black pepper
3 gms sliced green chilies (2 medium sized)
Salt to taste
1. Scrape and thoroughly wash the sweet potatoes to remove all the dirt. Partially boil the sweet potatoes with salt. Cut into medium sized pieces.
2. In a bowl, pour olive oil. Add the ginger and garlic paste, salt, black pepper and chopped green chilies. Marinate the parboiled sweet potatoes in this mixture and set aside for a while for the sweet potatoes to absorb the flavours.
3. Heat your tandoor or grill at a medium-high temperature. Roast the sweet potatoes until golden brown.
4. If you do not have a tandoor or grill, you can use the oven or a microwave oven on the convection setting. For that, preheat the oven on 200 °C and bake the sweet potatoes for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For the spiced basil cream sauce, wash the basil thoroughly. In a blender, put olive oil, salt, black pepper, cashews, basil, red chili flakes, and soy cream. Blend until smooth.
6. Heat the oil in a pan and lightly sauté chopped onions, garlic and sliced green chili. Add the basil cream and cook for 1 minute. Season the sauce with salt, chaat masala and black pepper. Strain the sauce using a fine sieve.
7. For plating, use a high rim plate. Spread a generous amount of basil cream on the bottom. Carefully arrange the roasted sweet potatoes on the sauce. Garnish with a chopped herb of your choice.
Do you have any favourite dishes you would like to share the recipes for? Email us on email@example.com