3 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, roughly sliced
1 small white cabbage, shredded
1 sprig bay leaves
2 large vine tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
80g short-grain white rice
1.5l vegetable stock
2 large skinless chicken breasts, diced
350g green beans, trimmed
1. Heat the olive oil in a large casserole or pan set over a medium heat until hot.
2. Add the garlic, cabbage, bay leaves and a pinch of salt, sweating for 6-8 minutes until the cabbage is soft and starting to turn translucent.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and rice, then cover with the stock. Bring the stock to the boil, then return to a simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is almost tender to the bite.
4. Add the chicken to the broth and let it poach for 8-10 minutes until cooked through, stirring from time to time.
5. When the chicken is ready, add the green beans and let them cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Season to taste.
6. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Recipe courtesy: Stockfood
Image courtesy: Stockfood
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org