4 pcs of pomfret fish (around 400gm each)
For the Punjabi fish marinade
300gm chickpea flour
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 pinch salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 drop orange food colour
For mint chutney
1 cup yoghurt
½ cup mint leaves
Freshly ground pepper
1 green chilli, roughly chopped
1. To prepare the fish, remove scales, remove the stomach and head, wash and slice the fish in 2 cm thick slices.
2. Mix all the marinade ingredients. Spread the marinade over the fish, and leave it covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Make the mint chutney by placing all the ingredients in a blender and whizzing until smooth.
3. Deep-fry the pomfret pieces until golden brown (about 7 minutes).
4. Serve with chilled mint chutney.
Image courtesy: Shutterstock
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org