1. In a small bowl dissolve the corn flour in two tablespoons of the milk.
2. Stir in the egg yolks and reserve.
3. In a saucepan bring the remaining milk to a boil with ½ cup of the sugar, the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick.
4. Simmer 15 minutes. Gradually stir the hot milk mixture into the corn flour mixture.
5. Return to the saucepan and cook over medium flame, stirring constantly until the custard starts to bubble.
6. Discard the lemon peel and cinnamon stick and divide the mixture into six shallow dessert bowls, preferably Spanish earthenware.
7. For the caramel sugar topping, sprinkle the remaining six tablespoons sugar - one tablespoon for each serving- over the custard. To caramelise the sugar, heat a grill over high flame until very hot. Place the bowls under the grill and leave until the sugar is caramelised.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org