2 tsp garlic
2 cups (500ml beef stock)
Fresh mix herbs
1l tomato and onion blend
5 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
For morogo dumpling
300gm fresh spinach
1 kg self-raising flour
1 tbsp (heaped) instant yeast
Pinch of salt 10 ml/2 tsp sugar
1. Heat the cooking pot and gently cook the oxtail until they release their own fat and brown well.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and cook covered for 2 hours.
3. To make the morogo dumplings: cook the spinach, drain very well and chop. Drain again. Then add the instant yeast to the flour and add salt and warm water to make dough. Do not overbeat the dumpling mixture, instead beat lightly and quickly.
4. Add the spinach to the dough and proof for 2 hours.
5. Divide dough into 4 portions and make balls.
6. Add the potatoes to the stew, pop in the dumplings and cook for a further 1 hour 30 minutes. Do not open lid while cooking.
Image courtesy: Shutterstock
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org