100 gms beef chorizo
400 gms green peas
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
500 ml chicken stock
1 l water
2 bay leaves
50 gms peas
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 sprigs coriander, chopped
2 sprigs mint leaves
25 ml olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and fry the chorizo. Set aside.
2. Using the same pan, add the onion and sauté until it turns golden-brown. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add tomatoes and chicken stock into the pan and stir again.
4. Add the peas and pour the water in the mixture. Add the bay leaves, salt and pepper and cook for another 20 minutes.
5. Mix the chorizo in and for cook for another three minutes. Add the coriander and mint leaves. Mix well.
6. Crack each egg separately over the simmering mix and cover the pan for the egg to cook for another 10 minutes.
Note: This is to maintain a runny yolk.
7. Garnish with mint leaves, and serve with toasted and crusty slices of bread.