1. Rinse the tongue with room temperature water.
2. Slice the onion by half.
3. Place the tongue in the pot and add water until it is completely covered.
4. Add the oregano, garlic, onion, and salt (the amount you use for a regular broth).
5. Turn the flame high, and let the beef cook for 4 hours, or until it is very tender.
6. Then, turn off the flame. Place the tongue on a large plate and remove the skin, it will easily detach when it is properly cooked.
Note: Tortillas can be a bit difficult to get in the region, but there are several Mexican restaurants that sell freshly made ones. Warm up the tortillas on a flat pan or for a few seconds in the microwave, 30 seconds at high power, then flip them over and warm for 30 seconds more.
Put meat inside each tortilla and enjoy.
Mexican ttreet food tip:
Finely chop one large onion (250 grams), chop 100 grams of fresh coriander and mix together, (you can add your favourite fresh chilies), mix and add it inside your taco.
Squeeze some fresh lime juice inside the taco for a real Mexican street food flavour.
Tell us more about your favourite ingredients at firstname.lastname@example.org