1 kg bone-in chicken (cut into 16 pieces)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
4 chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp coarsely crushed black pepper
1 tsp cumin seeds whole
Handful of chopped coriander
Chopped green chillies to garnish
Ginger cut in julienne style to garnish
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Fry the chicken with the ginger and garlic paste for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and all the spices except for the black pepper and yogurt.
4. Cover and cook on high heat for about 15 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked well.
5. Add the yoghurt and cook further for 10 minutes.
6. Cover the pan with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with black pepper, chopped green chilies, ginger and coriander while serving.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org