1. Soak basmati rice for half an hour.
2. Heat ghee in a saucepan and saute onion on medium heat till golden brown.
3. Drain and keep aside. In the same pan add cumin seeds. When it begins to crackle add cashew nuts and raisins and stir for half a minute.
4. Then add soaked rice and salt and enough water to cover the rice. Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
5. Cover and let it cook on low heat till almost done. Sprinkle saffron and cover again. Let it cook till done.
6. Garnish with coriander and fried onion. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy: Chef Saurabh Malhotra, Options, Dubai World Trade Centre Hotel
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at email@example.com