8 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ dried chilli, finely chopped
400ml vegetable stock
100ml apple juice
250gm quinoa, rinsed
1 lemon, juice of
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
500gm green asparagus, ends cut off, lower third peeled
400gm fish fillet, cut into chunks
1 handful rocket
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and chilli until transparent.
2. Pour in the stock and apple juice and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes. Drain if necessary and cool slightly.
3. To make the dressing, mix the lemon juice with 4 tbsp oil and the parsley. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Mix about ¼ the dressing with the quinoa.
4. Cook the asparagus for about 5 minutes in a little boiling salted water; it should not be too soft. Drain thoroughly and mix with ¼ of the dressing.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the fish for about 4 minutes, turning all the time. It should still be slightly rare in the middle. Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper and drizzle with a little dressing.
6. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil on the rocket. Arrange the quinoa salad on a serving dish. Place the fish and asparagus on top, garnish with rocket and remaining dressing and serve.
Tip: Quinoa can be cooked ahead and refrigerated for up to 1 week. It tends to retain water, so drain it well before plating.
Image courtesy: Stockfood
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org