For the Milk cake crumble
¼ tsp lemon salt
3 tbsp ghee
1 tsp ground cardamom
For the saffron milk
3 tbsp sugar
10-12 strands saffron
¼ tsp ground cardamom
For the Pasta kheer
30gm orzo pasta
3 tbsp condensed milk
4 tsp sugar
½ tsp ground cardamom
1. Start with the milk cake crumble. In a pan, reduce the milk to half, adding the lemon salt.
2. Once the milk is curdled, add the sugar and reduce the milk further until thick and brown in colour. Add the ghee and ground cardamom and mix well. Remove to a clean tray to cool.
3. For the saffron milk, add the milk to a pan and reduce by half. Add the sugar, saffron and ground cardamom. Stir well and chill.
4. For the pasta kheer, boil the orzo pasta in salted water until al dente. Strain and rinse.
5. In another pan, add the fresh milk for the pasta with the condensed milk and sugar. Add the pasta and finish with ground cardamom.
6. To serve, arrange the milk cake crumble on a plate and top with a spoonful of pasta kheer. Serve with dates and saffron milk.
Recipe courtesy: Carnival By Tresind, Dubai
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at email@example.com